We always get asked “How many times should i post everyday?”
There is no set answer for this but we will give you some insight to put it in perspective. Any newly signed artist that closes a deal with a major label will be required to post 5-7 times daily on all social media channels. It is is super important to stay consistent. Don’t look at social as a hobby. It should be looked at as a job. It is a tool that will help you reach more fans and followers in order to create more brand awareness. Take your music career seriously, and get focused! Below we will give you the EXACT steps that any newly signed artist will see in their major record contract.
- POST 5-7 TIMES DAILY
- DO NOT LINK YOUR ACCOUNTS. CREATE NEW CONTENT ON EACH PLATFORM
- GENERATE NEW CONTENT TO ENCOURAGE USERS TO FOLLOW YOU ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS. KEEP YOUR FOLLOWERS GUESSING
- BE TRANSPARENT! DON’T HIDE BEHIND THE BRAND. POST VIDEO, INTERVIEWS, BEHIND THE SCENES ETC.
- ALTERNATE BETWEEN GIVING VALUE TO YOUR FANS AND THEN PROMOTING YOUR BRAND (EX. NEW SINGLE OUT. BUY HERE)
- ALWAYS WRITE YOUR FOLLOWERS AND SHOW LOVE EARLY ON.
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR GROWTH AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS
Don’t put your eggs in one basket! Even if you believe your music alone will make you famous, don’t bet on it. Stay consistent on social media and post daily. Building a brand is based around momentum.
The more you post, the more you will learn what people like about you. Once you get in a groove, you will be able to build leverage to get you to the next level. If you learn social media and how it works, it can create longevity. Traffic is KING!
The more traffic you get to your social media channels, the more in demand you will be. You can start buzzing, become a sponsored artist, and even land a major record deal. All off of a solid social media strategy.
Good luck and remember. STAY CONSISTENT!
If you need help and you would like us to build your brand on social media, contact us today. We will develop the perfect strategy for your brand.